Full Moon in Libra: April 19, 2019
The Full Moon energy is starting to come together Wednesday the 17th, but won’t completely be FULL until Friday Morning here in the States.
The energy this Full Moon is pushing out is quite strong, so you might feel like taking some sort of action now. You can feel the Full Moon usually about 3 days prior to it being totally FULL. Some of you may feel more tired or run down than usual during this build-up time, especially with Jupiter in Retrograde (backward) right now, so this can be especially strong. Other folks will feel more excitable and anxious during this time, which can lead to feeling more irritated. As the Full Moon swells slowly this week, we can be extremely tuned into our intuition, and since this particular, Full Moon is in the Zodiac Sign of Libra it produces some super-psychic energy! It’s a good time to get Psychic or Astrology Readings or have Energy work done or have some social Full Moon fun, like throwing a little get-together or practicing Full Moon rituals.
The Full Moon on Friday, April 19, 2019, at 29° Libra is opposite the planet of shocks and surprises Uranus.
This means there is a stronger need for change, excitement, and freedom, which can have you feeling more restless and impulsive. Expect the Unexpected during this Full Moon, as there will be unexpected events and strange offbeat behaviors acted out, even more so than usual during a Full Moon. With this Full Moon occurring in the Sign of Libra there can be tensions in our close personal relationships or partnerships, which can bring up emotional issues that we must deal with. There can be a need for emotional support at this is a time, so we should come from the heart and be more compassionate with others.
The Full Moon occurs when the Sun in Aries forms an opposition to the Libra Moon.
This is on a relationship axis between Aries and Libra energies, (not your Sun Signs.) Aries represents “self” and Libra is about “others.” Aries helps us to be more self-assertive while Libra is about compromise. The energy of the Libra Moon is about being aware of a need for relationships in our human existence, and how to maintain them through balance, compromise, and negotiations. The energy of the Aries Sun is about taking care of one’s self, leading, and personal courage or bravery. The Full Moon illuminates the need to balance taking care of our relationships or our significant other, and meeting our personal needs and desires as well. It is a balance between independence and dependence.
This Full Moon occurs in the final “critical” degree of the Sign of Libra. This is the second Full Moon in Libra in the last few months, the last one occurring in the first degree back on March 20. Which means whatever got starting at the end of March in your relationships or around your personal freedom is at its last lesson now, so something will either end or be completed now. The Sun is heading into an alignment with Uranus in Taurus as well, this brings about revelations around our own personal independence, and the need for other folks to be in our lives and our partnerships. There will be finalities and endings with this Full Moon.
How do you navigate the energy during a Full Moon?
It can make such a huge difference and set the stage for this to be a good or bad experience.
– How you react or don’t is important during a Full Moon Cycle, learn how to NOT overreact during this time. Instead, work on being patient and see how things play out. Getting upset or jumping to conclusions is easier since you can be so overly emotional during this time. But you will just regret it later, as there are a lot of planets right now slowing down to go Retrograde like Jupiter already, and Saturn and Pluto are in their Shadow periods right before their Retrograde cycles. So things can get a little weird if you go blowing things out of proportion.
– Open your mind and be flexible, and look at all your options rather than feeling stuck, and be willing to change something so your circumstances can also shift into something better or more positive.
– Get rest and plenty of sleep! Work on raising your energetic vibration by doing something that makes you feel good in your soul. Make sure to be around good friends and company. Eat right and healthy. Make sure to get regular exercise, but also take some time to relax and maybe listen to some music that makes you feel good. All of these things will help you feel much better and help raise your vibrational energy.
– Make peace with yourself, your past, and let go of any situations that aren’t helping you. Maybe write out some Full Moon Intentions around what you are done with and what you would like to Let Go and Release!
Full Moon April 2019 Times and Dates
- Los Angeles – 19 April, 4:12 am PST
- New York – 19 April, 7:12 am EDT
- Chicago – 19 April, 6:12 am CDT
Above are the exact times when the Full Moon comes together, so it’s time to “Set Intentions”, or make out those Wish Lists! It’s especially a good time to work at letting go of something. But you can start by doing some sort of Full Moon ritual or magic when the Moon shifts into Libra Wednesday morning, so before the Moon is totally Full, which personally is a much better time to manifest! Just never do any kind of energy work during the VOID MOON cycle, it just doesn’t work out the same, as the Moon is shifting from one Zodiac Sign to another. This is a valuable time to release something or someone in your life, it could be a person, a place, or situation, or even an old behavior or a belief.
Focus your energy on bringing something new into your life, while also maintaining the relationships you already have. Remember that Full Moons are potent times for releasing work and endings. Full Moons reveal either internally or externally something important, the truth comes out or is illuminated in some way! With the Full Moon in the sign of Libra balance is key. But no matter what your Zodiac Sign, there’s a strong chance you might feel pulled on or pushed too far, so take a step back from time to time and take care of yourself and each other.
Have a Happy and Safe Full Moon,